Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Piecing it together


I have begun to put together all the patch squares to make my quilt top. I am very happy with the result so far, I have never made a quilt before and am just figuring it out as I go. Making this quilt has been as much about problem solving, like piecing a puzzle that you invent as you go, as it has been repetitive and meditative. It is rewarding to see it all come together but I would be happy now to see the end. I need more patience... and perspective. Maybe Andy Goldsworthy can help.



Clip from the documentary on Andy Goldsworthy "Rivers and Tides".
Andy Goldsworthy is an artist that works directly with nature. He rearranges the natural environment to create and make visible an awareness of a beauty in nature we do not always see. I especially like the works with coloured leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment